Friday, May 11, 2012

Let the Beat (mmm) DROP




A week ago, the music industry took a devastating hit with the loss of Adam Yauch, otherwise known as MCA - one third of the Beastie Boys. As a kid growing up in the cornfields of Illinois, you always remember some of the key moments you got a glimpse into what else was out there. For me, the Beastie Boys were unlike anything I had ever heard - or likely, will ever hear again - a pivotal part of the soundtrack of my youth. Their look and sound is like a link to some of the best memories of my life. Only now, in retrospect, do I have a grasp on exactly how innovative they were. I'm glad I pissed my mom off by hanging a subway size poster of their album cover on my bedroom wall - probably one of the better choices I made as a ninth grader. RIP to MCA - and thanks. 


This came out in 1992! Unreal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment